Review: US H4 Euro light Conversion Kit

Allyn Wrote:
> The intensity is a bit lower due to the large 180 degree dome between the
light and the lens,
> forcing the light emission to be purely reflective.
Personally I don't recommend removing that reflector. It's primary purpose
is to reduce glare (i.e. the light that wasn't focused onto the road). I've
got the Hella units on my Jetta1 and I removed that shield because that was
the "in" thing to do back in those days. To this day those damn lights are
like the sun. It's really tough when my wife follows me in that car.

I think the lighting difference you are inferring is the difference between
a very large reflector (from the large euro lens) and the much smaller
reflector of the US sized e-code. Probably similar to the difference you
would see between a AA or DDDD Magpie.

My 2 cents,
Diamond Dave
88 Scirocco http://scirocco16v.com/profiles/david_b.htm