From: scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org [mailto:scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org]On
Behalf Of DEMETRIS RAPTIS
Sent: Monday, April 29, 2002 01:58
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: PS pump

In my 87 16V, the steering would groan when  turning it at idle. I changed
the fluid but the noise was still there. But I noticed something else too,
when ambient temperature was over 80F, there would be very little groan.
Don't overfill the reservoir either, it will make the steering noisy. I
don't think the pump is bad, but I think the viscosity of the ATF is
important. I used the latest ATF 3 , it seems to minimize the groaning.
Hope this helps,
Demetri