  From: scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Scirocco-Al
  Sent: Saturday, April 27, 2002 9:59 PM
  To: scirocco
  Subject: To sell or not to sell?

  OK,
      I'm playing with the idea of selling my scirocco and buying something
else.  My car is a dedicated auto-x cat that rarely sees any street use.  On
Friday my wife and I had or second child and I really don't see myself
having time to drive or work on my car for the next few years.  It would
also be nice to have something I could get child seats into for a weekend
drive.  My car has a 4 point hoop right now so that kinda rules that out.
Adding the cost of race tires to the list make me think that I might really
sell it.

  I think at this point I would rather have a clean, pretty and fuctional
car in the garage as a plaything than a race car.  I raced my car all of 5
times last year and have never been really able to drive it like I used to
after some medical problems I had a few years ago.

  Some cars I'm thinking about as a replacement:
  16V Scirocco
  Alfa GTV6 (where to get parts?)
  Volvo P1800 (where to get parts and it 30+ years old)
  Porsche 944
  Porsce 914

  I though about a G-60 Corrado but I had really bad experience with my SLC
and shudder to think about specific crap on a G-60 would cost.  I don't want
a 4 door as I already have a daily driver.

  Any thoughts or suggestions on this?

--Boundary_(ID_cSUUDumaSNUE1fPX/0JPcg)

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><SPAN class=350402302-28042002><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>Hey,
if I was you, I'd go for the Porsche 914. You'll have yourself a mid-engined
sports car that doesn't cost an arm and a leg to maintain. The comradery in
those circles is totally there, and you won't have to worry about sourcing wacky
parts (Volvo and Alfa). Yeah, the 914 has questionable styling (which end is the
front?), but the driving experience is unbelievable. Try it; you'll like
it.<BR></FONT></SPAN><FONT size=2>--<BR>Scott F. Williams<BR>NJ Scirocco
nut<BR>'99 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS<BR>Mazda 323 GTX turbo "assaulted"
vehicle<BR>Golf GTI 16v "rollycar"<BR>ClubVAC: "Roads found. Drivers
wanted."<BR><BR>Check out our rally team's website!<BR><A
href="http://www.usrallyteam.com/";
target=_blank>http://www.usrallyteam.com</A></FONT> </DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr
style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV class=OutlookMessageHeader dir=ltr align=left><FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B>
  scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org [mailto:scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org]<B>On
  Behalf Of </B>Scirocco-Al<BR><B>Sent:</B> Saturday, April 27, 2002 9:59
  PM<BR><B>To:</B> scirocco<BR><B>Subject:</B> To sell or not to
  sell?<BR><BR></FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>OK,</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I'm playing with the idea of
  selling my scirocco and buying something else.&nbsp; My car is a dedicated
  auto-x cat that rarely sees any street use.&nbsp; On Friday my wife and I had
  or second child and I really don't see myself having time to drive or work on
  my car for the next few years.&nbsp; It would also be nice to have something I
  could get child seats into for a weekend drive.&nbsp; My car has a 4
  point&nbsp;hoop right now so that kinda rules that out.&nbsp; Adding the cost
  of race tires to the list make me think that I might really sell
  it.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>I think at this point I would rather have a
  clean, pretty and fuctional car in the garage as a plaything than a race
  car.&nbsp; I raced my car all of 5 times last year and have never been really
  able to drive it like I used to after some medical problems I had a few years
  ago.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Some cars I'm thinking about as a
  replacement:</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>16V Scirocco</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Alfa GTV6 (where to get parts?)</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Volvo P1800 (where to get parts and it 30+ years
  old)</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Porsche 944</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Porsce 914</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>I though about a G-60 Corrado but I had really
  bad experience with my SLC and shudder to think about specific crap on a G-60
  would cost.&nbsp; I don't want a 4 door as I already have a daily
  driver.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Any thoughts or suggestions on
this?</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

--Boundary_(ID_cSUUDumaSNUE1fPX/0JPcg)--