ND - SoCal caravan plans

Looks like the SoCal gang's plans are just about solid now.  Had a
conversation with Mr Teulie today and here's what we came up with...

Meet at Virtual World at 6pm Friday night.  If you don't have the address,
email me offline for address & directions (Mike's in Orange).  We'll hit
the road about 7pm.  We'll be crashing that night at the Motel 6 in Lompoc,
same dump as last 3 years running.  Make a rez ahead of time!  That place
can fill up.  We'll have breakfast around 8 on Saturday then hit the road.
We agreed that some sort of mountain run in the bay area was in order (we
don't have the bitchin' twisties down here like you guys have up there) and
Doug came up with a good idea: we're going to blast through Santa Cruz and
rather than head east into San Jose via 17, we'll continue north on 1 and
head up into San Gregorio.  San Gregorio Beach is right across from the
end of Hwy 84.  We should be pulling in between 3-4 pm, and the plan is
to meet any NorCal'ers there and then blast out at 4:30, over 84, back
down to the peninsula.  You locals up there (most of you anyways) know that
route 84 is one of THE premiere twisty scenic go-fast-but-safely runs to
be found anywhere.  We should be at the hotel by 5:30, where we'll rest
and get ready for dinner at the Mexi joint that Tim recommended.. Hausler
is making reservations.  Some have indicated a desire to attend the
Saturday night kart event - cool, do whichever floats your boat.

Let's get as many of you NorCal'ers out to San Gregorio for the Saturday
run into town!  And some of you have indicated you might meet us further
south - anyone wishing to do so, make a note of my cell#, 714-473-7449.
You can call me Saturday morning and check our route progress so that
we can arrange to rendezvous.

--
Kevin Collins
Huntington Beach, CA