Questions about hooking up an A2 plug to the 4k tranny plug

Ok, I need to get my reverse lites going on my '90
GLI.  I put a 4k tranny in it which has a 6 (?) pin
plug on it, but my car only has a two pin plug.
Anyone know which pins on the tranny plug are the ones
I need?

Also, what rpm's should I be seeing at 70mph?  80mph?
Reason I ask is that I'm still seeing 4000rpm at
80mph, as if it had a stock GLI tranny.  I'm pretty
sure the shop swapped in the correct speedo cable
gear, it's the white one, right?

-josh

=====
Josh Wyte