What's your Voltage reading?

I've been having battery charging issues. My
alternator was spitting out 11.8v at the starter, I
cleaned the contacts and got 14v sometimes, and 12.2v
at other times. This has all been driving me nuts
since my practically new battery did not want to hold
a charge. If I left the car sit for a couple of days I
sometimes had to jump start it. I think by driving it
everyday I would get just enough of a trickle charge
to keep me running, but 1 day of sitting too many and
I would be back to jump start time.

I said screw it and went to Autozone and got a rebuilt
alternator and new cables and now see 13v solid. Is
this good? What's the typical reading?

I guess I'll see how things go the next couple days.
If I'm still having problems then I'll have to go
through the PIA task of tracking down a drain culprit.

Later...

=====
Jeff Lowe
Garland, Texas
'59 Euro Spec Beetle (Waiting it's turn for resto)
'64 Type-34 Karmann Ghia (Got parts?)
'86 Scirocco 16V
'98 Ford Explorer XLT 4X4