Installing oil pressure gauge sending unit...

Where?

Car is an 85, and it's a 16v (engine is out of an 87 if that matters). I
want to measure oil pressure in the head. I have the dual sender unit. ETKA
shows it located at the oil filter flange (how retarded IMHO). I want it on
the head (that's where it was on my cabby, and I think it provides more
useful info from there as well).

ETKA shows that the dual sender unit is a 0-5 BAR (gauge) and 0.3 bar
(warning system). There are two (2) oil pressure switches on the head that
are 0.25 bar according to ETKA (closest thing to 0.3 Bar). One is on the
side, the other is on the back of the head. Which of these two would be more
worthwhile to tap into to read oil pressure at the head. I'm assuming one is
"to" and the other "from" the head, and guessing that the "to" would be
better, but which is which?

Thanks for any help.

Also, what which would I tap into to measure oil temperature (for the oil
temp gauge)?

Joshua Hignight
Student Services/Technical Services
New Mexico Campus