Making Progress

On 24-Apr-2002 John C. Worden wrote:
Hi,
     Nope, Canadian, so that would be about $6 US, I think ;)  It wouldn't have
been so bad except for the taxes, about $6 CDN worth.  Interesting theory,
might have to try that.  I also saw a flurry of people saying jack up the
driver's side and use a funnel with a long hose.  I have the funnel with the
hose (that's why I can get the fluid in so easily through the speedo gear
hole), but I'm not sure that solution is substantially better.
     A VW mechanic told me that some in some transaxles the fluid level needed
to be slightly above the bottom of the filler/check hole.  Anybody know
anything about this?  That would imply if you check or refill the transaxle
fluid it will always be a little low unless you pour through the top.

Cheers,
Colin

--
Cheers,
Colin

If you can read this line, you're probably not illiterate.