[tech]: working 134a conversion!

did the 134a conversion on my new rocco; kinda half-assed it. it came with a
disconnected compressor hose, so it was pretty open to the atmosphere.
couldn't find anyone to pull a vacuum-- they all wanted to do the rest of
the conversion, so i did without (new receiver/drier thoug).  didn't replace
o-rings, cause i couldn't find any.  the conversion was straightforward.
put in the new oil/coolant, noticed it didn't hold any pressure. big leak.
noticed a gaping hole in a coil of the condenser; oil cooler line had eaten
through.  swapped in the one from my wreck, which was a pita. plopped in
134a, and voila. working a/c. i still don't think it's all the way charged
(slow leak somewhere?), and a leaky heater valve is heating up the center
vent a bit, but all in all not bad for such shoddy work.  kept me cool on a
80-85' day. we'll see after i replace the valve...
-michael
keepin cool in hotlanta-for now