Power Windows

Any one have experience with repairing the power window mechanism for a
mkII? I can hear the motor go when the switch is activated, but nothing
moves. I removed the door panel (passenger side) and checked the window, it
is on track and the clip is screwed in to the cable deal. I hit the switch
and could not detect any movement from the cable. Could a gear or what moves
the cable by striped or shot? I could not see any easy way to get to the
motor. Any advice will be greatly appreaciated.