lifter noise(sorta ot)

Don't all of you shoot me at once, but this worked for me with my Coupe
GT... I had a mechanic friend tell me to dump in a quart of ATF, run it at
idle for about 5-10 minutes and then drain the oil.  ATF has alot of
cleaners in it, and damned if it didn't do the trick and quiet those old
lifters right down.  Tell him to give it a shot.

Eric