Options for Cats...

Simple question.  What options are there available for a cat upgrade.
We all know the stock cats. are a little restrictive, so is there
anything after market that will work as well (emissions wise) and still
give a performance increase?

Plans for the turbo are to try and run it through emission inspection
with out a cat.  Up here it is not so tough, and the people working the
test centers tend to know almost nothing about cars.  So I figure I can
convince them that the '86 is too old a model and did not have a cat :)

Failing that, I will need to put something in there, so anyone have
suggestions?

--
Cory Langford
'86 turbo rice cooker project