Valve spring compressor tool 8V head

--- Marc scirocco Québec <marc_scirocco@yahoo.ca> wrote:

> Anybody knows which spring compressor tool works on a
> VW 8V head, like a C-Clamp kind of tool?

The big squared off one at Sears works fine for $18, but needed one
mod: we had to put a 1" copper plumbing sleeve between the retainer and
the tool, because the Sears tool can't fit into the recesses where our
valves live.  Other than that it worked fine, and saving over $100 was
well worth whatever minor mods we had to make.

There's a reason they call me Cheapass.

=====
Cheapass Ron
"Victor" '87 16V Scirocco
"Teufelhasen" '93 Cabby <-For sale

If it ain't foggy, TURN OFF YOUR FOG LIGHTS.