decent wheel lug/stud combos

> That's where you're wrong, and this is my point. They
> maybe useless on YOUR CAR. That does NOT make H&R
> spacers in general "crap", as you say. "Crap" is
> applicable when the product is of poor quality or
> design.

You are the one who used the word "crap", I only used it after you did to
agree with the terms you were putting it in.

> The line is marketed as hub-centric, and in
> all cases I'm aware of, they ARE as hub-centric as
> they can be for any given application. There are other
> cars (4-bolt BMW, for example) that have the same bolt
> pattern and centerbore on their hubs. Perhaps they
> have a different width centering ring? I don't know.
> Regardless, labeling H&R's product "crap" because they
> are unable to overcome a design issue inherent in your
> particular car is unfair at best. Since I think H&R
> makes great stuff, I felt the need to respond with
> actual objective information instead of allowing
> someone to blanket it as "crap".

If you are going to go into this much detail, I would also like to point
out, that these spacers are not hubcentric, by any definition that I woul=
agree with.  They are merely thin enough to not interfere with the stock =
hub
centricity (the 8mm at least, the 16mm are not at all that I can see on a
VW).  The thicker ones that actually have a lip on them would qualify as
hubcentric spacers, since they would actually locate the center of the
wheel.  The thinner ones are effectively a piece of plate stock with some
holes that do nothing to locate the wheel.  They are NOT HUBCENTRIC & sim=
ply
don't justify the price.

> Why didn't you say what you actually meant in the
> beginning? If you made an honest mistake and bought a
> part that was inappropriate for your car, fine. If you
> were the victim of an ingnorant sales person, say so.
> Return the part, but don't blame the manufacturer.
> That's like blaming Sears because you bought a 21mm
> socket to turn a 15mm nut...

No, I actually bought them from a well know VW parts supplier who adverti=
sed
them as hub centric.  They also asked me what kind of car they would be
going on, etc.  I bought something that was PRESENTED AS BEING CORRECT FO=
 MY
CAR.  They did wind up being inappropriate for my car, but not because I
made a mistake as you so simply put it.  I would have returned them, but =
did not actually try to fit them to the car until well after I had receiv=
ed
them & figured that it would be inappropriate to try & return them by tha=
point.

I was not trying to start an argument about these, I was simply trying to
warn other people who might have been considering using them of some of t=
he
problems they might face.  Maybe you should reread the original post? (I'=
ve
included it right here for you)

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
=A0
Philip P. Mueller III
Westbrook, CT - USA
mailto:philipm3@tiac.net
http://www.p3racing.net
=A0
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D