who wants to JUDGE Sciroccos at Waterfest?

This opportunity is probably a result of what happened to me last
year.  Long story for those who don't know -- the guy who placed 3rd wasn't
even there (nor was his car), and I didn't place.  A careful re-examination
of the score cards, the judges realized that they placed everyone
wrong.  But Jan and Dave (1st and 2nd, respectively, as of the first
issuance) had already left, so they couldn't do anything about it... and I
wound up with a 3rd place.

Much better than the year before, where my car didn't place at all
(finished like 13 of 17 cars).  We have no idea what happened except that
they apparently confused my car with someone else's.

So last year, in a controlled fit of rage, (after the whole Scirocco gang
admirably stood up to defend me against the evil judges) I insisted that
they get judges next year who know what they are doing.  I suggested that
we get the judges from the Scirocco list, and they said they would consider
it, seeing how that was the 2nd time that they screwed up.

I'm glad to hear that they are taking at least the semi-appropriate steps
to help avoid this problem again.  You can, however, be sure that I will
have the head judge over at the Scirocco section first thing in the morning
to ensure that they don't fuck up again.  So Brett, sorry, you won't be
getting 2 1st place trophies this year. :)

Jason