vanagon lights vs. eurolights

Quoting fryer <alienj@bad-candy.com>:

> hate to bust your bubble, but new vanagon lights are about $100 a
> piece (even those little square bobbers) and vw didnt sell many 86
> and up vanagons (the ones with square and rectangle lights) so
> junkyards are not a reliable source. and last but not least, stock
> vanagon headlights suck. the worst quality ever, the high beams
> look like a gm's normal driving lights.
> just my two cents
> chris fryer
> 85 8v scirocco wolfsburg
> 87 vanagon syncro gl (with stock crappy headlights)

> >From: "the hitman" <vwscir88@hotmail.com>
> >Date:  Mon, 22 Apr 2002 03:37:41 -0400
>

> >anyone ever notice how much vanagon lights look like
>> scirocco euro lights? could the vanagon lights be adapted to a
> >scirocco?

direct answer, given many times, is "No." The more involved answer is
,"Well, of course ANYTHING can be MADE to work....Force, Heat,
Chemicals, and Money...I mean, several people have retrofitted Dodge
Dynasty headlights!"

======\\
| Jim Jarrett,Rochester NY       93 Passat GLX,     84 Scirocco |
| mailto:jarrett@rpa.net         81 Rabbit Convertible 16v      |
======/