16v Distributer cap

OK, I n oticed somthing weired last night. My Roc now has 250 miles on it
since the rebuild, installed a new cap and roter during the rebuild. I
popped the cap off last night and it had a pretty good build up of carbon on
it. The carbon is covering at least 50% of the surface of the contacts. I
have seen caps with 60,000 miles with this much carbon, but not 250 miles.
Any advice as to what is causing this and how to fix it.
The rotor, cap, coil, plugs, were all new.