Bilstein install help please

---------- Original Message -------------------------
---------
From: Ron Pieper <rapieper@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 17:34:56 -0700 (PDT)

>Wonder why you couldn't drill a hole in the bottom
of the housing (on
>the end of the cylinder), insert a rod of some
sort, and beat it out
>that way?  With an insert, there's no reason that
the tube has to be
>sealed anymore.
>
>HTH, and HIR (Hope I'm Right)
>
>Cheapass Ron

Actually there is... It's recommended to add a
little oil to the stut housing, to help with heat
transfer.

I guess you could drill and hammer it, and then weld
it shut afterwards, so that the oil doesn't drain
out.

I would secure the strut housing assembly, and then
slowly open up the spring compressor, which should
pop the cartridge out as long as the 22mm nut is on
it.

HTH!

Peter - Bear Delaware 19701
'79 Scirocco 16V, '83 & '84 GTI