Almost Stranded. Help

Yes the 85's have transfer pumps. When mine went, it was sporadic, and
accompanied by a -groan- from the fuel pump.

But shutting down and restarting fixed it right away. Until the next time.

You have allen wrenches, a 13mm, a timing light, and screwdrivers, but you
also forgot to mention that you have access to the most powerful of all A1
VW repair tools--- The Scirocco List!!! Now you can fix anything.

Good luck
Jonas