Gas tank recall

--- DAN <sciroccodriver@yahoo.com> wrote:
> One of the local techs at the Stealership bought a 16V
> Scirocco a couple years ago and the tank was bad.  He
> petitioned VWofA and was able to have the tank
> replaced despite the fact that the recall had
> previously been done.  When I told him that I did my
> recall back in 1991 he said that if it leaked again
> he'd help me get it replaced.  Fact of the matter is
> that IF your tank is showing the SAME crack symptoms
> then BITCH AND MOAN until they fix it.

Exactly.  Technically, they HAVE to replace it.  My recall
was done in December '91 if I rememeber right and it
started leaking again two years ago.  Took a little
hassling but it was replaced free of charge as per the
recall.

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'80 S, 81 S, '82, '85, & '88 Sciroccos
'82 Pickup
'90 Passat Wagon
"Never joke, taunt or dangle what might be seen as a challenge in front of the powers that be.  The universe is listening." - Lane Wallace