Swaybar questions

I know it's an anti-sway bar but we all know what I'm talking about don't
we?

I picked up a used pair of bars in a swaps. They were sold as being for A1
cars and are 22/28 which is just what I was looking for. Besides the price
was right. Last night I was working on the back of Rolling Roc and went to
install the new bar. After a fight, the OE bar was off but the OE and the
aftermarket bars are not the same. It could be that the Aftermarket bar is
for a different application or that it mounts differently. The OE bar is
almost flat, mounts to the axle at the cross member and about halfway
between the stub axle and the pivot point. The aftermarket bar has a bend in
the horizontal plane, is longer and not quite as wide. I offered the new bar
up to the axle and the forward mounts are correct and would work just fine.
The outer ends of the bar are just inboard and back of the shock mounts.
This location makes sense as there would be additional mechanical advantage
for the bar if mounted on the shock mount.

The questions I have for you experts out there go like this. Are these bars
for another application? Am I missing the mounting hardware to attach this
bar to the shock mounts? If the answer is the former, who needs these bars?
If the answer is the latter, what does the hardware look like? Does anyone
have any to spare? Where might I source this hardware?

Rick Alexander
http://www.brubakerbox.com
http://clubs.hemmings.com/hams/
http://clubs.hemmings.com/vwsrus/