Cheap 1.8 bottom end?

Recently there were some comments on the list about 1.8 engine bottom ends being cheap and available.  Anyone have one to sell me?  I bought an '86 where the PO had the head ported and polished, then found out the main bearings were shot. (something about using an engine flush oil additive while drag racing, I think)  I was planning on rebuilding the engine, but if I can get a good JH block, etc. to put under the head from this engine, that sounds a lot cheaper.  BTW, I'm in the Raleigh, NC area.

Bill