OT any owners of Golf/Jetta III Bentley? Need info

--=======392A1380=======

Hi, sorry for the non Roc post.
I am looking for info on the second O2 sensor in my sister's
4 cylinder '97 GTI.  I'm guessing that is it like other OBDII
vehicles in that the second sensor doesn't affect mixtures and
the like, but checks the proper operation of the first sensor.
So I want to confirm this and what is voltage range it puts out, ie
.1 - .9 volts means good to bad, etc
Thanks, and if you could reply to me privately as I am on digest for
this week.

John C. Worden
Bucksport, Maine

'98 Dakota 4x4-Just rolled 100K
'86 Scirocco 8V-
'81 Scirocco 2.0 16V -
'78 Scirocco Brazil Brown Metallic,  4 speed.