[tehc] engine swap

OK. I guess I wasn't clear.
I think going to the crossflow motor with its fuel injection, ignition
and wiring is more work than it's worth. The crossflow head isn't that
much better (especially after a P&P) than the GTI head.
OTOH, stuffing a 2.0 short block under the existing head, injection and
ignition is indeed the best BFB out there (after ditching the toilet
bowl manifold, of course!)
So, I think we're on the same page.
Dan