Prep work for painting

CIL makes some. It is called more or less "metal
preparation" and any good autoparts store selling
paint ought to have something similar. Home depot
might have it too.

My can says the following:
"formulated to rid metal surface of rust and increase
adherence by adding a ferric phosphate film keeping
chlorides and oxids from infiltrating the metal
surface. This product also prevents eventual rues
speckles from spreading under the coat of painting"

Of course wear protection when using this stuff, it is
nasty. And by protection I do not mean Trojans...

Cheers.

Marc
'83 Scirocco
'88 Scirocco Slegato