does the windage tray do anything noticeable?

> Jeff Toomasson wrote:
>
> Is this thing worth getting? I'm debating on doing my oil pan gasket,
> but I don't know exatly what this thing does...
>
> TIA, JT

Based on the difference between baffled oil pan and a windage tray:

My understanding is it's benefits are:

- Reduced oil frappe from crank beating the oil. Less foam.

- Reduced parasitic loss from oil clinging to and getting bashed by the
crank.

Baffled pans help reduce oil starvation from the oil sloshing up against
the side of the pan during long sweepers. Not that you asked about that.

TBerk