[Re: TDI - power?]

Kareem <6keb1@qlink.queensu.ca> wrote:
nice...very nice low rpm torque numbers...kicks a 8v and 16v's
butt out of the box in that respect. Now if they could only make some
advancements on the 'sound tuning' of diesels, I'd be
interested ;-)

Kareem

You know my opinion on this topic, but as for sound tuning, I actually LI=
KE
the sound of a diesel engine. I think it would be a really fun engine in =
light chassis, and quiet on the highway, cruising rpm around 2000 at high=
way
speeds, as opposed to going deaf with a 4K and 16V setup. They are faster=
 than
the new 2L 8V's for sure out of the box, I did some 1/8th mile runs again=
st 2L
NewBeetles, and was always faster.(the 1.8T's blew me off the map tho!)
Cathy
80 diesel Rabbit (slowest)  - about a minute in the quarter mile
87 turbodiesel Jetta (slow) - 19.9 sec
99 NewBeetle    (fun)       - 17.9 sec (faster now)
87 2L 16V Rocco (funner)    - 15.2 sec (faster now, if it ever gets back
together)