[tech] Audi 1.8T in a MKII Rocco???

Night Shadow wrote:

> > OK, but there is a 1.8t donor that doesn't run drive by wire, right?
> > Shi... uh I ,mean Shoot- If I put a working 1.8t into my Mk1 Scirocco I
> > wouldn't even worry about chipping the damn thing, just quaiffing it.
> >
> > Stock and reliable and less than twenty years old? What's not to like.
> >
> > SOmebody might say, 'well why stop there, keep going!'
> >
> > To that I direct the thoughtful reader to the movie Boomerang and the
> > though thread based on 'You cant stop there, you have to
> > Co-Ooordinate!...'.
> >
> > Better it works well than doesn't work faster.
>
> I am with Tosha on this one....and along those lines...why bother with a
> 1.8T?  You want relibility, gas mileage and power in one package?  Screw
> the 1.8T, go TDI! (1.9T).
>
> --
> Eric
> Northglenn, CO

Yeah Baby, Yeah!

Look, I am after fun but stable power. My car wasn't a 16v to begin
with, it was a 74 HP bucket with an FF gear set. Already I have upped it
to about 100 HP w/ a Rabbit GTI motor and have about 10 - 20 more in the
backyard waiting to go in.

I don't think the water injection is for me, sorry Scott (See folks? I
am the Clark Kent one :)

I like the solid tractor motor approach- pulls, and pulls, and pulls.
Flat torque map, flat. Starts after 2k, better for me to have less
overall HP, esp way up around 6500, _thats_ not where I need my zoom. I
need it downshifting out of corners not doing the 1/4.

So, back around to Topicsville- merits of putting a lot of work into a
1.8t transplant and then running it up around the margin with more mods
and chipping; what's the odds it'll go 'BooM'?

TBerk