[mkII] Removing wheel well liners...

I have been thinking about doing this for a while. Since I don't have a 16v
kit (and don't plan on getting one), the wheel well liner screws are visible
on the fender lip. I'd also like to remove them to eliminate the slight
rubbing I am getting up front.

I'm concerned about gunk getting flung up in the inner fender though. Anyone
have a recommendation as to how to block off the area behind the wheel in
the fender?  Also, what other con's can you guys think of to doing this? Any
alternatives?

Thanks.

Joshua Hignight
Student Services/Technical Services