temp sensors?

------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C1DF65.FF66C260

I had the same trouble identifying the sensors.
On the 16V engine, the two sensors on the oil filter mount are oil =
pressure switches. The thermo temp switch has two poles and is attached =
on the side of the head where the water outlet is. Above it and left and =
right of it there are two single spade sensors. the one on the right is =
hooked up and
the one on the left isn't. they are both water temp sensors. The one on =
the right operates your water temp gauge. On the back of the head facing =
the firewall there is one more single sensor that has a round head where =
the connector slides in. that's the oil temp sensor.
Back to those  two water temp sensors. These are actually dual use =
sensors, they can be used for oil temp or water temp. They are actually =
the same sensors as the one on the back of the head just the way they =
connect to the wire is different. I nstalled an oil temp gauge to the =
vacant water temp sender and it registers the water temp in numbers.
The water temp when the needle is on top of the LED is around 83C.
Demetri

------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C1DF65.FF66C260

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I had the same trouble identifying the=20
sensors.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>On the 16V engine, the two sensors on =
the oil=20
filter mount are oil pressure switches. The thermo temp switch has two =
poles and=20
is attached on the side of the head where the water outlet is. Above it =
and left=20
and right of it there are two single spade sensors. the one on the right =
is=20
hooked up and</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>the&nbsp;one on the left isn't. they =
are both water=20
temp sensors. The one on the right operates your water temp gauge. On =
the back=20
of the head facing the firewall there is one more single sensor that has =
a round=20
head where the connector slides in. that's the oil temp =
sensor.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Back to those&nbsp; two water temp =
sensors. These=20
are actually dual use sensors, they can be used for oil temp or water =
temp. They=20
are actually the same sensors as the one on the back of the head just =
the way=20
they connect to the wire is different. I nstalled an oil temp gauge to =
the=20
vacant water temp sender and it registers the water temp in=20
numbers.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>The water temp when the needle is on =
top of the LED=20
is around 83C.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Demetri</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C1DF65.FF66C260--