OT: ftp limitations for geocities roc page

I know that many of you have your web sites set up
with geocities.The other day I tried to open up an FTP
session for my site and was denied. I did some
research and came across something about FTP being
reserved only for paying, or premium members. Now I
have to use that annoying EZ upload thing. Anyone know
when they started doing this? Of course, since it is
free I suppose I can't really complain.

=====
Jorel Jackson
web site:  http://geocities.com/jorel140/index.html