Camshat seal

I hope that you own a tap and die set and tapped out
the head to 1/4".  If you didn't tap it, the bolt
might work its way out again and make your valve cover
leak in a new spot.  One time I re-used the stock
flywheel bolts while changing a clutch on a 5 litre
mustang that I used to own.  Anyhow, the bolt broke
while under the persuasion of my CP 1/2" impact wrench
(I was in a hurry to get the job done.)  So I drilled
the hole to a larger size and tapped it.  I put in an
oversized bolt but didn't use loctite.  3 months
later, The bolt worked itself loose.  I was so pissed
off that I went to my local Ford dealer and traded it
toward a new Ford pickup.

Chris J.
'83 Scirocco GT
'81 Kawasaki KZ550