From: Mardak [mailto:maardak@yahoo.ca]
Sent: Monday, April 08, 2002 4:58 PM
To: Wes Brockway; scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: Shifter bushing kit

Did you also replace the two hard bushings where the shift lever
connects to the shift rod?

If you did, it sounds like you might need a "shift lever pivot
assembly". (the ball/socket/lever assembly).

germanautoparts.com has them for $33  here's a pic:

<http://germanautoparts.com/images/parts/171711247.jpg>

HTH,

Mark.