does anyone have a tech page for rebuilding a 16v distributor?

It's not too bad, and for $155 it's worth the time.  I'll see what
photos I took turn out and try to post a how-to someday...

Best suggestion is to preserve the washer/bushing/retainer that sits
atop the seal.  I used a combination of a little heat and a little
constant pressure from beneath.  I applied the pressure by tapping out
the upper bushing from below.  That drove out the seal, and the seal in
turn popped out that washer.  Not too much pressure, or you'll ruin
that washer/bushing/retainer.  And try not to scar the bushing.

Reassmbly is pretty obvious after that.

You will have to beat on the pin that holds the gear on pretty hard.
Support the gear! or the housing and/or shaft could suffer.

Ron
--- Jeff Toomasson <jtoomasson@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Mine works fine, but it appeared my seal(s) were bad when I did the
> swap.
>
> Is it worth my time? Or should I just fork over the $155 for a new
> one...
>
> TIA, JT

=====
Cheapass Ron
"Victor" '87 16V Scirocco
"Teufelhasen" '93 Cabby <-For sale

If it ain't foggy, TURN OFF YOUR FOG LIGHTS.