What kind of gas

>  >>Or rather
> what octane rating should our cars get?>>
>
> I doubt there will be any argument on here about it.  I am almost positive no
> one on here would put anything less than supreme fuel in their beloved baby,
> especially if its a 16v.  I use 93 octane which I believe is not easily
> available everywhere.  (haaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaa)

You are wrong sir!  I put the lowest octane possible in my JH equipped 80
rocco....read on why.

If you are NOT running a high compression motor, or a knock sensing
ignition, it is POINTLESS to use high octane.  LOW octane gasoline is
actually MORE explosive and contains more energy per gallon.

The only thing that high octane allows is a knock sensing ignition to fine
tune ignition timing, as higher octane gasoline burns slower. (IE, a more
controllable, but less energetic explosion).

So, those of you with 16vs, yes, you will see a gain from high octane
gasoline...be cause of the ignition system, and no other reason.

--
Eric
Northglenn, CO

76 Honda CB400F Super Sport
80 Scirocco (Parts car again, no more DD duty)
81 Scirocco S (2.0 16v swap and complete restoration in progress)
81 Rabbit Truck LX Diesel (THE NEW RIDE)
00 Golf GL TDI (Katy is driving this for now)

-Kelli Fox