Battery Charging

--=======6D175E97=======

At 10:56 AM 4/7/02 -0700, Jorel Jackson wrote:

> >   Our automobile batteries are wonders of
> > engineering, and given the
> > conditions under which they operate, we are lucky
> > that they last over
> > three years at all.
> >

>My father once had a conversation with an engineer who
>designed automotive batteries. This guy claimed he
>could design a battery that would last twenty years.
>Of course they wouldn't allow him to do that for
>obvious market reasons. Perhaps he was over confidant?
>
>=====
>Jorel Jackson
>web site:  http://geocities.com/jorel140/index.html
>1987 16v & 1985 8v Sciroccos
>2000 Neon ES
>Jaguar XK 180

He may have been, but if you can keep your battery cool it will
definitely last much longer since heat kills them.  Probably a
battery insulator of some sort (like many newer vehicles have)
would help the life somewhat.

John C. Worden
Bucksport, Maine

'98 Dakota 4x4-Just rolled 100K
'86 Scirocco 8V-
'81 Scirocco 2.0 16V -
'78 Scirocco Brazil Brown Metallic,  4 speed.