Engine Info Required

I have a line on an 8V replacement engine for my 82 Scirocco, currently
residing in an 1980 Rabbit. The seller claims the engine is from an 1989
Rabbit (although I thought they discontinued the model before that!) The
only markings on the engine was the engraving on the block #0261033730 with
what I believe the engine code is ME. Anyone have any specs on this engine
type. It has an installed oil cooler, and headers. at the very least it
might make a good rebuild project, especially for the asking price of about
$150.00 U.S. for the entire car (engine, tranny, CV joints FI, rad, etc)

Bill
"Winterpeg" Manitoba
82 Scirocco 8V (undergoing restoration)