Stealerships

     I'm not completely sure about it, but I seem to recall the shop work=
ing on
your car is responsible for any damage they do, regardless of age.  The o=
nly
exception to that is if the manufacturer documented procedures for the wo=
rk
state explicitly that other parts will be damaged/need to be replaced.  O=
course, I'm also in Canada, so your mileage may vary.  When the stealersh=
ip did
mine, they broke both brake lines, replaced them both.  My cost, total, w=
as $15
for the gas in the new tank (and yes they charged a lot more than I would=
 have
paid at the pump).
     Maybe visit one of those lawyers that advertises a free initial
consultation and find out what the law in your area has to say about the
situation.
     Good luck.

Cheers,
Colin