From: D=E9sinor Jean-Claude [mailto:desinor@sympatico.ca]
Sent: Saturday, April 06, 2002 5:30 PM
Cc: Scirocco
Subject: Re: Stealerships

  Maybe they do not care about 14 year old VWs, but remember they do =
not
replace unsafe components just to be nice, they do so to avoid
liability.

  They probably will come down very hard on an uncooperative dealer.

  By the way, is this a VW/Audi dealer or just VW? I found VW/Audi
dealers obnoxious. I even dropped one in favour of a VW/Porsche dealer
at one point, because at least the VW/Porsche staff understands
hardware.

	Jean-Claude
	84 8v (gas tanks are *very* expensive!)

Mike VanAmburgh a =E9crit :
>=20
> Mention that this bad experience is making you think twice about your
> soon to be new VW purchase (even tho you might not intend to do so).
> VWoA doesn't care about 14 year old VWs, so mentioning this new VW
> purchase might get them to take you more seriously.  I wouldn't let =
this
> Stan guy get away with what he's trying to do.  Make sure VWoA knows =
and
> that they are going to deal with him accordingly.
>=20
> Mike
>=20
> Chris wrote:
> >
> > Tell VWOA what Stan said.
> > Tell VWOA that you have lost faith in the dealership and are afraid =
they
> > will sabotage your car if they are compelled to replace the tank =
(and
> > anything they break) and ask VWOA if you can take your car to an
> > independent shop and have VWOA reimburse you.
> > Tell VWOA that service managers like Stan make you very concerned =
about
the
> > validity of VW warranties.
> > Tell VWOA that you got this suggestion while communicating with =
many
other
> > VW owners on the Internet.
> > Dealers who refuse to carry out warranty work do a disservice to
customers
> > and the manufacturer.
> >
> > Chris
> >
> > At 09:20 PM 04/05/2002 -0500, JoshuaA.Conner@VerizonWireless.com =
wrote:
> > >So i set my '88 16V up to have my gas tank replaced under factory
recall.  i
> > >had taken it to Midwestern Auto Group in Columbus Ohio to have the
> > >inspection and replacement.  When i dropped it off there yesterday =
for
the
> > >actual work to be done i rec'v a call about an hour later stating =
they
would
> > >have to drop the axel.  They then tell me that since my car is so =
old
they
> > >might break some fuel and/or brake lines which i would have to pay =
for
> > >completely, parts and labor!  i normally do all the work myself on =
my
car
> > >and in fact just replaced the brake fluid myself, as well as a =
whole
new
> > >exhaust system, so i am very intimate with the rear of my car =
(easy
gutter
> > >minds ;p).  i tried to negotiate any kind of price break before i =
let
them
> > >do the work with the service mgr Stan.  No dice.  He becomes upset
because i
> > >feel that if it ain't broke when i drop it off i ain't paying to =
have
it
> > >fixed.  He tells me he won't be liable for my car and any damages
incurred
> > >during the recall fix and to come pick up my car.  His techs are =
not
> > >touching it he says.  I call VWOA and they regard damages incurred
during
> > >recall fixes workmanship issues and the dealers should be =
responsible.
> > >tell Stan this and he says the customer service reps at VWOA don't =
know
what
> > >they are talking about and he is not gonna do it.  I want to know =
is
there
> > >any reputable dealers in the central Ohio who are not looking for =
sucker.