From: Rick Alexander [mailto:rick@brubakerbox.com]
Sent: Saturday, April 06, 2002 4:55 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Cc: ikesvw@hotmail.com
Subject: 2.0L - A1 swap manifold/downpipe question

On my way home from this mornings ride I stopped at an import repair shop.
Just because there have been Sciroccos there off and on. The Scirocco guy
there has a real love affair going with Sciroccos but it is his first one.
He is planning a 2.0L 16V transplant into a MK II 8V car. He asked me if I
had a manifold to sell explaining that he needed a Scirocco only manifold. I
argued (lightly) with him that I thought he meant that he needed the down
pipe as that would be the correct length. I would like the list to verify or
correct my understanding that all 6 bolt flanges are the same and that it
would be the down pipe that would be car specific.

Now I want to hear from all the experts out there please.

He has a gray/vinyl split rear seat that he would part with if there is any
interest. Ask him about it not me. ikesvw@hotmail.com

Rick Alexander
http://www.brubakerbox.com
http://clubs.hemmings.com/hams/