Replaced knock sensor, now car runs like crap!?!?

A better description of "crap" would help, all I can see is a description of
an idle problem. Does it hesitate, bog down, do the macarena, etc.?

Try disconnecting the new knock sensor. If it returns to the way it was
before, then try unbolting the new knock sensor and re-connect it to see
what happens. If the problem persists with the new KS connected but not
bolted to the block, then I'd venture to say that the new sensor is bad.

If however the problem goes away with the KS connected but unbolted, then
the new KS is picking up something that the old one did not.

Say, what's your timing at. Anything more than 6-8deg advanced will cause
pinging that the KS system will compensate for. But a trashed KS will not do
anything, get my drift....

Anyway,
Jonas