From: scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of T Berk
Sent: Wednesday, April 03, 2002 9:40 PM
Cc: _Scirocco Mailing List
Subject: Re: Tire pressure - TBerk is self-correcting

I must reverse my course. I can not find any authoritative source that
calls for a more than 5 psi between their recommended pressure and the
Scirocco door sticker. <but then again, read to the bottom>

<http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/recall/faq.html#Q2>

Q - What is the proper air pressure for my tires?

A - Proper inflation is the single most important factor in tire care.
The inflation pressure on the sidewall of the tire is the MAXIMUM
operating pressure determined by the tire manufacturer. It is not
necessarily the correct tire inflation for your vehicle. You should
ALWAYS use the inflation recommended by the vehicle manufacturer. You
can find this  information:

 In your vehicle owner's manual, or Posted on the inside edge of the
driver's door or other door, or On the inside of the glovebox door.

 Always check inflation when tires are COLD, that is, when the vehicle
has been driven less than a mile, or at least one hour or more after
driving. Use a good quality tire pressure gauge. Note: It is natural for
radial tires to have a slight bulge in the sidewall at their proper
inflation pressure. Check inflation at least once a month, and before
any long trip or before traveling with a heavy load. Always remember to
check the spare tire. If your vehicle is equipped with a temporary or
"mini-spare," check the sidewall markings for proper inflation pressure.
It will differ from the inflation recommendation for your full-sized
tires.
-------------------------
<http://www.dunloptire.com/tiretech/Welcome.html?article=inflation_press
ure.txt>

<http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Spec.jsp?make=Dunlop&model=SP+Sport+A2>

Whoops!  Look: Dunlops with 44 psi Max.  Big difference between 28 and
44 psi.   This is the kind of thing I want to bring to the discussion,
not that I should set my tires to the Max when cold and then run them to
normal temp, but that modern tires often run more pressure than older
tires. Taking this in to account is important. That's my point, in a
nutshell.

TBerk