my machinist screwed me! Update.

FATGAS: (for anyone that gives a schite)

With the exception of a few parts being replaced- I managed to get the
machinist to drive up to Canada, pickup JUST the head, and do the
remainder of the port and polish work as I paid for. They predict that
it will be done by Friday. Then, I will have Momentum go threough and
detail the polishing/shaping. So I managed to save about 1200.00 that i
would have had to fight in court to get.

The machinist talked to the guys at Momentum and basically lied his ass
off- stating that there had been miscommunications, Lied about costs per
work load, even though I have a sheet that illustrates his costs, etc.
etc.   Basically- the machinist I hired- recieved my money for the parts
up front, spent that on his bills, lost the 3 days of notes and
conversations that we had accumulated, lost his friggin work order (cuz
he kept asking me what else we were doing to this motor), and it took
him 6+ months to buy the parts and get the job (close to) done as a
result.

For my reputation in my choice's sake: I didnt enter into this
arrangement without first doing research. I spent a lot of time asking
about local machinists, and their quality of work. This particular
company did come with reccomendations, However, Since those information
sources had last worked with this machinist- he has gone downhill in his
business practices. He's on his third shop location in a single year.
Went from being in a nice big shop in the heart of the city to a little
pole building WAY out in the county. His crew complains about him not
showing up, not paying them, and so on- so....    That is my disclaimer.

Shit happens- even when you do the legwork.
I gotta say though, that I like Momentum. Theyve been very matter of
fact, and the heads I saw sitting on the bench were Im*fuckin*peccable.
I should have let them do this project of mine from the start. And this
is also my advice to others who follow behind me.

In summary: I feel well enough justified by the end action of the
machinist- but will reccomend him NOT! Thats a shame too cuz the guys
hurting for business.

Mike Blain