brake bleeding after mc replacement...

I had a recommendation from Scirocco Parts Pete to "bench bleed" the
MC.  What this involved the way I did it was removing it and immersing
it in brake fluid (used a plastic beer cup), then working the piston
until ALL bubbles were out.  There were quite a few bubbles, even
having done the same thing as you (I assume) AFA installing it empty
then bleeding in the normal manner.

You might also try cracking each line loose at the MC while it's still
attached to the car, and pressure bleeding in the normal manner there,
just letting the fluid drip onto a towel.

HTH

Ron

--- Andrew Stauffer <andrew.stauffer@cannondale.com> wrote:
> Hey gang,
> I need some brake bleeding advice/help.
>
> I have recently replaced EVERY piece of the braking system on my A1.
> Everything is new.  22mm MC, 16v rocco booster, calipers, lines, 16v
> rocco
> prop valves, stainless steel flex lines, all have been replaced.  I
> used
> 10.1" up front, Mk 4 rear calipers in the back.
>
> The catch is, no matter how much fluid I push through the system, I
> can't
> get  a firm brake pedal.  I have built a pressure bleeder that does a
> beautiful job of pushing fluid into the mc and it comes out of the
> bleed
> valves very nicely, air free.  But still the pedal is mush.
>
> There's air in the system *somewhere* but I can't seem to find it.  I
> wonder
> if the Mk4 rear calipers need to be unbolted and tilted like the 16v
> rocco
> rear calipers to get the perfect bleed......anyone got any ideas
> about how
> to find and eliminate that air pocket?
>
> Andrew Stauffer
> Cannondale Purchasing
> www.cannondale.com
> andrew.stauffer@cannondale.com
> ph. 814 623 4516
> fax 814 623 8917

=====
Cheapass Ron
"Victor" '87 16V Scirocco
"Teufelhasen" '93 Cabby <-For sale

If it ain't foggy, TURN OFF YOUR FOG LIGHTS.