Idea for you throttlebody guys...

Don't know if it's original or not, but last week at Daun's I looked at
his and his dad's diesel pickups...what is that thing in the
distributor hole?  A vacuum pump!

So...if you're running the 16V head (which is almost a given for TB's,
right?) and you need vacuum for your brake booster, HVAC, etc., could
you not use a diesel's vacuum pump?  The "distributor" hole is
available.  It would require an 8V oil pump since the vac pump is set
up to drive a tanged shaft pump vs. a splined shaft pump, but...why
not?

I don't think the little vac pumps for power locks would pull enough
vac for the brake booster.

If I'm not missing anything here, I reckon it'd work.  (And since I'm
feeling mighty brilliant right now, I'm waiting for somebody to slap me
back to earth or tell me it's been done a bazillion times).

Seeeeyaaa ya lucky barstids (Scott and Lauri)

=====
Ron (Cheapass)
'87 16V, ("Victor"), '93 Cabby ("Teufelhasen")
ICQ 108845455

Stupid is as stupid does.
-F. Gump