[OT] RE: Talon

--- Brad Sheridan <brads@mindspring.com> wrote:

>   I thought the Eagles were a band? Or could it be
> that you and I are
> talking about different Eagles? Must be;) The AMC
> Eagle you are talking
> about is a different car altogether from the Eagle
> Talon everyone else here
> is talking about...
>
> Brad
Yes, there was an AMC Eagle (before AMC/Jeep was
acquired by Chrysler).

After Chrysler bought AMC in the 1980's, Eagle was the
brand that they set up to market the weird assortment
of Renaults that AMC was re-badging for sale in the
USA. AMC must have had a marketing agreement for
several years afterward, which Chrysler was
contractually obligated to fulfill. When this
committment ended, they dropped the re-badged
Renaults, and to fill out the "Eagle" line Chrysler
re-badged some Mitsubishi products (Chrysler had a
minority ownership stake in Mitsu back then).

=====
Mark Peele
1985 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco, 1981 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)