RE: Rear disk on mk1

--- Anthony Pelletier <vwnuts@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Yea, but why bother with rear discs and not the
> 10.1's?  Its far cheaper and more effective to do
> the
> 10.1's isn't it?

I have replaced the MC, and added KH calipers to the
'78 - it stops very well. Scirocco brakes work very
well if done properly.

I hate drum brakes - that's why I am putting rear
disks on all of my cars . . .

  I have x-drilled 9.4's(I didn't
> buy
> em) & rear disc's on my MKI and am not really
> impressed with it.

I wonder what the problem is? (something must be
wrong).

  I can't wait till this spring
> when
> it has the 10.1's (or maybe 11's if I get crazy)

I actually have some 10.1 carriers and calipers laying
around . . . - I'll probably put them on the heavier
MK2. (which will require the later booster/22mm
MC/pedal assembly)

> Plus rear calipers get $$$ when teh parking brake
> freezes up.  And they all seem to freeze up-at least
> on my cars.  You must have nice wheels and want to
> show off your rear rotors.....

I am using A3 calipers on my cars - the oarking brake
problem seems to have been fixed on these.

=====
Mark Peele
1985 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco, 1981 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)