parts that can be used on sciroccos

I was going through some list entries from a few days ago (I really need to
read these things) and I came across a post that suggested using a G60 valve
cover gasket instead of a stock scirocco gasket and that it lasted for over
a year without leaking. Does this work? If it does I'm getting one for my
roc.

What other gaskets and things can be used on a scirocco that are used on
other vw's? Anything to make it better, right?

adam
86 8v - getting ready for deconstruction then custom-resto