lets see, staart engine then hook up ammeter...crank..crank..crank...FUÇK!

ok, so i made a harness and everything for the mixture test.  Go to start the car, nothing.  i smell gas, but it doesnt start.  The tach jumps when im cranknig it, sometimes up to 5000rpm.  Check all the grounds, coil is connected, grounds are connected, plug wires are connected, no fuel leaks, CSV working perfect, what else could it be?  so i drain the coolant and replace the thermotime switch which was faulty, but the engine used to start.  now it wont.  Cant find my 5/8th plug socket so cant replace teh plugs.  Could plugs fouled with soot from an extremely rich engine cause it to not start? or has my coil died?  Really getting sick of my car not working....

please help

dan miller