strange noise

My 16V has been making a strange front end noise for the last week or so.
It almost sounds like bad road noise, a low humming, vibration, almost
grinding but not quite.  Seems to come from the left side, and seems to go
away when turning right.  CV joint?  Both axles (and joints) are less than 6
months old.  New struts, springs, bearings, control arms, ball joints (noise
started before control arms/ball joints).  Now I am thinking wheel bearing?
I had thought it was the tires, as I drove on them for a little while before
getting an alignment, but I have a good alignment now, and many miles and it
hasn't gone away.

Brad